The Ultimate Voyage of Discovery Comes to Discovery Channel as Maritime Masters Sets Sail
Expedition Antarctica’, the new docuseries exploring the access-all-areas six-star voyage on board Scenic Eclipse, premiered on Saturday, May 13, to very positive reviews.
The five-episode series, shown every Saturday on local Discovery channels in the USA, showcases ultimate journeys to the most pristine wildernesses and remote places on earth.
Additional details can be found at www.scenicusa.com/maritime-masters.
Premiering on Discovery Channel on May 13, the show introduces the key characters that viewers will get to know and admire, including the Masters, Scenic Eclipse Captain Erwan Le Rouzic, Expedition Operations Director Jason Flesher and VP Hotel Operations Chef Tom Goetter, as they intimately share the challenges in real-time to create a life-changing ultra-luxury voyage experience for the guests.
Captain Erwan Le Rouzic said:
“I was excited to be able to show the passion and commitment we go to on The World's First Discovery Yacht. It's still very mysterious for many people, how we operate an expedition yacht and the complexity of what's happening on board at all times during the voyage.”
Expedition Operations Director Jason Flesher offered: “For me, being part of a project like this was very humbling, and very exciting. No other expedition ship provides the diversity and depth of immersive experiences. We are the pioneers with helicopters and submersibles, exploration with our inquisitive guests seeking adventure.”
The five-part docuseries includes:
- May 13 - Episode One: The Beginning - As Scenic Eclipse’s epic voyage to Antarctica embarks from San Diego, viewers are introduced to the show’s key characters ahead of the first expedition to Jacques Cousteau Island, Mexico. They also attempt the first commercial submersible night dive in Huatulco, Mexico.
- May 20 - Episode Two: Dishing Up Dreams - Jason and guests go on an emotional hike in Guatemala, Jed leads a cacao mission in El Salvador, and Capt. Erwan confronts strong currents in Costa Rica. After an intense weather delay puts Cruise Director Josh on the spot to create a surprise Halloween party, while Chef Tom gives Chef Strawberry the opportunity of a lifetime.
- May 27 - Episode Three: Journey to the End of the World - The English Narrows provides navigational challenges, while the submarine pilots carry out an epic first-ever submarine dive in the Chilean Fjords. Chef Tom challenges Chef Nik, as Captain Radomir strives to achieve a first for all on the Discovery Yacht, setting foot on land at the treacherous Cape Horn.
- June 3 - Episode Four, Deception Island - Captain Erwan must provide a ‘wind block’, while the Drake Passage delivers a rare weather event, and penguins prove to be a highlight for guests.
- Guests set foot on land for the first time in Antarctica before the weather changes plans for Penguin Island and numerous expeditions.
- June 10 - Episode Five: New Beginnings – The Discovery Team lead an unforgettable penguin expedition on Danco Island, as Brendon and Jason search for 10,000-year-old glacier ice to make an Antarctica-themed cocktail. Captain Erwan expertly navigates the Lemaire Channel and the 'polar plunge' commences, with crew and guests swimming in the ice cold waters. What could possibly be next? A new Discovery Yacht?
Maritime Masters: Expedition Antarctica is produced for Discovery Channel and Warner Bros. Discovery
About Warner Bros. Discovery Warner Bros. Discovery
A leading global media and entertainment company that creates and distributes the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content and brands across television, film and streaming. Available in more than 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Warner Bros. Discovery inspires, informs and entertains audiences worldwide through its iconic brands and products including: Discovery Channel, discovery+, CNN, DC, Eurosport, HBO, HBO Max, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Magnolia Network, TNT, TBS, truTV, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Warner Bros. Film Group, Warner Bros. Television Group, Warner Bros. Games, New Line Cinema, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, Discovery en Español, Hogar de HGTV and others.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com
About Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours has grown over its 37-year history to include award-winning, truly all-inclusive river and ocean cruises and handcrafted land journeys that take guests to many of the world’s most fascinating destinations. In 2019, Scenic introduced Scenic Eclipse, The World’s First Discovery Yacht™. Hosting just 228 guests (200 in Antarctica), the Discovery Yacht offers a close to 1:1 guest-to-staff ratio, butler service, 10 dining experiences, a 550 sqm (5,920 ft²) ultra-luxury spa, yoga and Pilates studio, vitality pools and bars, two state-of-the-art helicopters, a submarine and, an expert Discovery Team.
The arrival of its second Discovery Yacht, Scenic Eclipse II, launched on April 13, 2023, elevates ultra-luxury cruising to new heights. Scenic Eclipse II features a next generation submersible, Scenic Neptune II, custom-designed with Triton Submarines. The wellness experience in the Senses Spa and Owner’s Penthouse Suite has been significantly expanded in partnership with spa design leaders KLAFS along with the introduction of the new Sky Bar & Deck and vitality pool. Scenic is part of Scenic Group, which includes Emerald Cruises, Mayflower Cruises & Tours and Evergreen Tours.
Show Archive »